WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Friday, July 9, 2010

Gotta fly!

DANville is quickly approaching. As we count down the days here I'm trying to get all my projects in order - including the mile marker from Yarrow. This is for the sign forest. A friend of mine asked me the other day asked if the sign I was making was going to be dimensional and well... fancy. OF COURSE!!! :)
I decided on an informal look this time. The sign had to tell a story about Yarrow too - albeit without many words. I thought and I thought... then I thought of the perfect solution. Since it was a mile marker from DANville to Yarrow the distance would be as a bird flies. But this would be no ordinary bird. The sign would feature the elusive and very rare Yarrow bird. The amazing thing about this particular bird is that it can't fly in a straight line. And since we live in Canada the distance would be measured in kilometers as required by law. Because the sign would have the Yarrow bird featured I decided I better add in an extra hundred kilometers because that is how this particular bird would fly. It likes to take the scenic route and watch the sunsets. The Yarrow bird absolutely loves a challenge too... :)
I'm counting the days until DANville...
-grampa dan