I finished the second chassis detail yesterday. This morning Kirsten was tasked with putting on a coat of paint.
While she labored on the painting I finished roughing out the body of the truck. I had done one half before the Sign magic Workshop a couple of weeks ago. I had left the second half as it had been assembled after routing. The hood line had been marked out.
The first job was to remove the screws as I would be cutting into these areas with the die grinder.
Then I rounded off the corners quickly and shaped them to match the first side. Even though the 30 lb Precision Board is pretty tough it didn't take long - about 15 minutes per side. I then measured and drilled in two holes for headlights. I inserted two 1" dowels.
The I pressed on and smoothed out a thin coat of sculpting epoxy over the headlights and windshield area and put on the center bar of the windshield. This would make it easier for the parts that come tomorrow.
As always I mocked everything up to check progress. The sign owner was sent a copy of progress via email as well. I know he is anxiously awaiting their completion.
The trucks are now much closer to the final look. Tomorrow will be a big day with lots of visible progress, seemingly in an instant.
Tomorrow night we will be down to final paint at long last.