Today's project didn't happen on the router table, nor on a computer. It was all hand done with the help of a plasma cutter and my trusty grinder. The project wasn't complex nor did it take long. But it's one more small piece in a complex puzzle that is the Fox & Hounds Pub. The details matter a great deal, and we are down to the details. With all the work we put into the dart board surround the score board simply could't be ordinary. My client had suggested some carbonized darts stuck into the top of the dart board but after a little research I discovered the center of the bull's eye needed to be 5' 8" off the floor. With the dropped ceiling in the stage area the darts would have even lost or even squished visually where the dart board was to hang. We had decided on a rusted steel chalk board(painted with some blackboard paint) Instead of welding three darts to the board I decided instead on one dart, abandoned after puncturing through the steel blackboard but bent and rather stuck in place. It struck me as funny as - well the 'deadly serious' game of darts.
Since the blackboard brush has a habit of getting lost I came up with sure cure. A sturdy chain is welded to the bottom of the board. The other end will be securely bolted to the blackboard brush. It will stay put for a long time. :)
Now it in on to some more details...