It's been a while since I had any time to work on the Lucky Jim sign but tonight I squeezed in about half an hour to do a few things and make significant progress. I cut a few pieces on the band saw including the two axles and the frame. I also cut some axles from 1/4" steel pencil rod and then drilled the holes (slightly off kilter) for the wheels.
The pieces were assembled using five minute epoxy making them plenty strong in a very big hurry. I'll be adding more details with sculpting epoxy the next time I get some time.
I'll be mocking up the box on the mine car next along with Lucky Jim. At that point I can determine the size the sign needs to be and I'll get to sizing the routing files which I've already begun.
Stay tuned for more developments...