WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

BUSY, now and as far as we can see.


For the last week or so the MultiCam has run twenty-four/seven, churning out the many pieces of trim for the new house. I've shown the process of building those files previously as well as the many stages of painting so I'll leave that be here. As soon as the trim is routed, painted and glazed it is going up on the house and looking very fine at that. Here's one shot of the back patio area.


For the last four seeks I've been busy at the design table churning out concept after concept for two major projects that promise to keep us busy for the next two years. The first project is due to start construction in only two short weeks. I've posted some of those sign concepts previously but there is a whole lot more fun things planned as well.

The second project is just as large (maybe larger) and due to start NEXT summer. It's a cool one and will feature an elaborate and playful pirate theme. Here's a few of the many dozens of concepts I've been working on...








You can bet as the construction begins you will get a glimpse of the progress as it unfolds. Stay tuned...

-dan