WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Monday, March 3, 2014

Let the sculpting begin

The MultiCam has been going non-stop all weekend and today I started gluing up the pieces in readiness for the hand sculpting portions to begin. There signs are ready for cleanup,  finishing and sculpting tomorrow.


Peter got the jump on the sculpting today as he fashioned the bucking bronco for on top of the sign. He is talented and also has worked very hard to hone his autistic skills. In only a few hours the horse was coming along nicely.



I mocked up the horse with the sign underneath and it looks amazingly like the concept drawing I drew many months ago.


Tomorrow we'll be at it again. Stay tuned...

-dan