The three pieces are now complete. The last time we looked at the lectern the pieces were beginning to go together. As always the actual build stage means some changes and tweaks. I made the bottom box a little larger so it could be used for secure storage. This also added a great deal of stability to the lectern. The traditional MultiCam feet add character and branding.
When the pieces went together I decided to move the table top supports onto the gears.
We first painted the lectern in pure silvers, three coats to bring out the depth of the metal flake colors. Some bright apple green hoses added a little bling and fun.
We then added a dirty glaze over the entire piece to create the mechanical, industrial magic we were looking for. One more coat of bright silver paint on the lettering finished things off nicely.