Once the preliminary colours had a chance to dry thoroughly I started in with the glazes. I started with the bottom of the model. Because I was working alone and the complexity of the shapes I decided to use a small spray gun to apply the glaze in a hurry. Once I had applied the glaze I judiciously wiped it off with a soft towel. Then I worked my way upwards to the top of the piece, first spraying on the glaze and then wiping it off with the towels.
Once the submersible was done I put the model under the fans to cure. Then multiple coats of taupe paint were slathered on the base and then allowed to dry. A green algae was then sponged on, primarily around the rocks. Then it was back under the fans before another spray of dark glaze. Once the glaze was dry I applied a some gold dry brush for a little bling and sparkle.