WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Monday, January 2, 2017

Gluing up the horse shoe sign

With the Spring Horse Farm pieces routed and the base pole sculpted it was time to begin assembly of the sign portion. I used the center section of the sign as a pattern to measure up, cut and weld up the structural steel. Once the welding was complete this steel was laminated into the center of the sign. I use Coastal Enterprises PB Bond 240 one part glue which is activated with a simple spritz of water. Rather than use clamps I instead use screws which will stay in place as an extra bit of insurance.

I'll let it all cure overnight before I begin the carving and sculpting process. Stay tuned...