WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It fit!

A project like the MutliCam project may well be the brainchild of one person but it takes plenty of people to pull it off. Even the original idea I started with gets plussed and improved by the input of everyone who works on it.  Today was moving day. The receptionist's desk which had long lived in my shop was on it's way to it's permanent home. Donna and Rebecca helped me push it out into the daylight. Then neighbor Gord, and his hired man Kevin helped boost it onto the trailer. Gord's forklift helped out some too. We strapped down the load and headed off for the real adventure...  getting it into the new building. The sidewalk was narrow, the tree really close. And it had to be twisted as we went through the double doors.


Once everyone was pushing and pulling in the same direction things went smoothly. Jonathan, the contractor worried about us scratching the building. I fretted about anyone scratching the desk. The combination of us working together was magic. We lifted, push, pulled, twisted and turned until the large desk was in place - without a scratch to either the desk or the building.


The lamp arms fit under the ceiling too. It was a miracle! We had done only base coats on the desk - just in case. The cabinet maker, Dave, showed up right on time to take measurements and notes. He'll add the desk top and drawers in the next days finishing things off nicely.


Meanwhile we'll be busy at the shop once more finishing off all the bits and pieces. The MultiCam is busy and we are sculpting, carving, assembling and painting up a storm. Stay tuned...

-dan