WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Shifting gears

Yesterday morning I finished off the mural in less than an hour, then spent the rest of the day helping a good friend finish theirs to completion. We laughed and talked late at a celebratory dinner among many of the other artists. And with that another mural project was brought to a close.


This morning I traveled to the airport early and rescheduled my flight to this evening instead of tomorrow morning. It meant a long eight hour wait at the airport, but that was far better in my mind than a twenty hour wait in a hotel room and getting up at six in the morning.

As I sit in Chicago Airport my mind races ahead to the Fox and Hounds Pub project back home. I had done one drawing on the plane down. It will feature 'Harold Fine Wines' in honor of the great contractor we are working with on the project. Harold, the owner and his crew have been so accommodating, seeing to our every need on the work site, eager to incorporate as many of our ideas as possible. With the pub owner's blessing this sign will hang as a tribute to him and his crew.

The quick sketch was scribbled into my sketchbook on my flight from Toronto to Chicago.I'll be building he whole thing, including the grapes inside EnRoute in the next few days.


Stay tuned...

-dan