WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Monday, November 21, 2011

Safety first

I used hemp rope through an antique pulley to hang the barrel sign. I frayed and knotted the rope appropriately. While the sign was plenty secure I decided it needed a little more - just to be on the safe side. The eye bolt on the barrel was welded to a steel frame imbedded into the sign. It would go nowhere. I bought some braided steel cable with matching hardware to act as a safety. I threaded it along the rope, through the pulley and looped it over the beam before fastening it back to itself. It looked pretty good but the wire was bright silver and needed toning down to disappear. I used a small brush to dab a little dark brown paint on it. That did the trick with little effort. In the dim light it is all but is invisible.


The lighting is right for the mood we are creating but lousy for taking picutres. I used additional light to snap these.



Stay tuned for more around the pub soon...

-dan