WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

One more piece of the puzzle put into place

Yesterday was a big day. The heavy dimensional sign was to be lifted into place on the gable end of the Fox and Hounds Pub. It was heavy and awkward to handle but I had the help of the contractor on the project. He had a lift set up when I arrived. We carefully measured the sign, the crew fastened the backing into place on the wall and the sign was lifted into place. It went quickly for this crew knew what they were doing.

The dimensional sign added a splash of color to the building, even on the dreary, rainy day we were suffering. The outside is looking much more complete at last.




The hours sign still remains to be installed in the circle opening in the brick wall. An address board will also be installed over the doorway. With our new router installed this work is the next on the agenda.

-dan