WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sculpting done on the Rovers Return sign

Today was organization day in the shop. My son Peter, who is on Christmas break from university gave me a hand. First we put away tools and supplies - all to their proper home. Then it was time to do a project I've been wanting to do for some time - The sculpting on the Rovers Return Pub sign. Peter is an accomplished artist in his own right. He worked as a team leader for us for more than 14 years. He handled the brickwork on the front of the tiny building while I handled the rest. We jockied positions, switching sides as necessary to get into the tight spaces. With two skilled hands at work the building was done in a short while. In this shot Peter is adding texture to the small bricks using an old toothbrush.



Tomorrow the final texturing of the base portion of the sign will be done using a die grinder. Then we will add Coastal Enterprises primer and final coats of paint and glazes. Stay tuned...

-dan