WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are always looking for new ways to use our MultiCam. We are also looking for creative ways to incorporate 'signs' into every aspect of our projects and in the process further our client's brand.. It is all about advertising in unexpected and unusual ways... 

As I designed the MultiCam technical center I looked around for every possible way to incorporate their brand. The big things were easy to think of. They were obvious. The little things we are still adding as we go. One subtle touch was to include an 'M' in every corner block on every window and door. It would make the finishing carpenter's job easier and faster, offsetting the extra money the painter would require. The end result is a custom touch all through the offices. The routing file took seconds to design in EnRoute. The pieces were routed from scrap pieces of 1" thick 30 lb Precision Board we had laying around. It's a nice touch for little cost or effort.


The MultiCam facility also has windows in many of the offices on the hallway side. I designed a simple moulding that will be incorporated in between the double paned glass. There are five inserts which only took minutes to design and a few more minutes to route using 1/2" MDF. 



I also routed round medallions featuring the 'M' which will be set into the top molding of the wainscoting in the entry - just like in the boardroom.

In this case we are incorporating a letter of the alphabet. The pattern could easily be some other theme. A leaf , butterfly or some other simple motif could just as easily be inserted creating a one-of-a-kind theme through an office or house.

Imagine the possibilities...

-dan