The folks have now moved into the MutliCam Technical center. The dust has now largely been cleaned up and the horde of workers gone on to other jobs. And now that the furniture is all in place it's time to get down to details where they are needed. One such project is for the Jurassic themed office. We'll be plasma cutting the heavy steel plates for the desk next week but in the meantime it's time to do some other projects for that room. The first is the fan for the ceiling. I had the client install a plain looking fan in the ceiling. It won't be plain for long. After sketching a whole bunch of ideas I decided the ceiling needed a splash of color... leaf green to be exact. I created a vector file of the veins and parts of a leaf, then created reliefs of the bits and combined them before adding a subtle bitmap texture.
I routed one blade as a test before committing to the other four. They are on the router now. For this project I used a piece of 1/2" thick 40 lb Precision Board. I've had similar fan blades spinning in my office for five years now. By tomorrow afternoon they will add the first of the theme to the Jurassic room.