After meeting with the adjusters about the truck I finally got back to work today. We won't find out about the truck until next week sometime.
It was time to head back to the MultiCam office to finish off a few details. First on the list was the modifications to the TV bracket. I had fabricated the pieces I needed and they went together quick, then it was the moment of truth. I put our TV surround face down on the table and then slid the heavy TV into place screen down.... it fit like a glove. I fastened it in and then flagged down some help in the busy office to lift it into place. Then I sorted the tangle of wires and hooked up the ones for the LED's and it was instant magic!
Once I had tucked all the wires back in place it was time to finish the first piece in the Jurassic room upstairs. I removed the stock blades from the fan and bolted on the new colorful leaves we had routed and painted in our studio. The room instantly came alive, even with only the one piece of jewelry in place. I climbed down the ladder and flicked the switch to turn the fan, slowly at first. It spun evenly, without even a hint of a wobble. I then spun it up to medium speed with the same result. Just to make sure I cranked the dial all the way up to top speed. You could hardly see the blades it was spinning so fast but there wasn't any speed wobble even then. I had expected no problems but I was relieved the blades passed the test!
Tomorrow I'll be back to finish off installing the LED lights under the board room table and to install the white boards behind the submarine door. Sadly, the laser cut piece of plexiglass didn't survive the trip from Texas. A new piece of acrylic now waits in my router room for a second go at the project. Once we cut the plexiglass and install it in the board room the room will be done.
Tomorrow the brand new CNC plasma cutter (at the MultiCam showroom) will be fired up for the first time and the first project scheduled to be cut is the multitude of pieces for the T-rex steel desk. I can hardly wait!