WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

First pics of the completed project

It is always exciting to see a project come together. Today we installed a few more pieces of the MultiCam project.  The front reception area is now complete with the exception of a large display piece for the lobby wall. The desk is pushed back in it's permanent place and fits nicely. The millwork and countertops are in place and everything works together nicely.


The desk looks cool from every angle as we move towards the stairs. The secretary was all smiles today as she continued putting everything in it's permanent home. The finishing touch will be the Fat Albert light bulbs I must remember next trip to the office.


The end table in the corner looms over the reception chairs. The wainscot panelling and logo medallions fit in nicely, subtly there but not immediately obvious until you look closely.


On the stair the oversize gears continue the theme in a dramatic way. Look closely and you will notice my name is 'cast' into one of the small gears - my way of signing our work. I wonder how many will take note of this small detail?


Upstairs the gear theme continues. On the walls the chair rail has the same linear gear as well, but smaller and painted to match the rest of the dark trim.


There is plenty more to show of course, which we will display next week. In the Jurassic room work has begun in earnest. It's going top be pretty cool!  Stay tuned for more...

In the meantime I'm off to Denver for the EnRoute Workshop.

-dan