WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Friday, July 31, 2015

Baliee name tag

Bailee's name tage was the next one up, fairly simple but with a couple tricky moves to make it better. As always we started with the vectors.


The oval name plaque has a border that will be plain and so the first relief we create was done using the doming tool. Everything would be built off of that.



Then I modified this relief by raising the venter portion.


Then I rased the lettering border by selecting both the base relief and the lettering border vector.



Then it was time to add the texture. I imported the wiggly line texture from my TEXTURE MAGIC COLLECTION. I enlarged it enough that a 1/8" balloons bit would cleanly route it. Then I carefully entered it on the plaque. Then I selected the base relief, the inside oval and the lettering outline. This controlled where the texture would go.



The last step was to create the bevelled lettering using the prismatic tool.


Then it was time to tool path the piece and send it off to the MultiCam to be routed from 30 lb Precision Board.