Then I laid on a coat of Coastal Enterprises FSC-88 WB primer. I put on a heavy coat, but with a small brush, purposely leaving in brush strokes to add a little more texture. I put a fan on the piece for an hour as per directions and then when it was good and dry I added two coats of silver metallic paint. Once they were dry I slopped on the glazes wiping the wrench down well afterwards - except for in the cracks and folds of the metal. I started with a mid brown, then later added a dark chocolate/grey. I instantly had my used wrench looking like it came straight from the toolbox. It was a cool little sign without a whole lots of time invested - about four hours work from start to finish including machine time.