The first two layers of Precision Board came off the MultiCam in a hurry because we had used a large diameter bit to route them. I glued these up over a simple welded steel frame and clamped them good. we used PB Bond 240 glue as always. By the time the second set of pieces came off the MultiCam the previous pieces were dry enough to add the new ones to the assembly.
The next morning everything was good and dry. The clamps came off and the fun began! First I gave the entire piece the once over with my air powered die grinder. I trimmed up the glue joints, textured the edges and added some extra character here and there making the sign look well used. It took less than 15 minutes and was well worth the effort.
Then I sawed the old stand off the model plane and drilled a new hole in the bottom. The 1/2" steel rod would come more out of the side of the plane instead of the bottom as it had previously. By lining it up with one of the balloon tires it became much less noticeable and not where one would expect it. The sign was coming along nicely already.
Next up was a little more subtle texture with the Coastal Enterprises primer and then some paint!