WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Monday, December 6, 2010

Back to the future

The USSC sign show in Atlantic city was great fun.  I met lots of great folks during the two days I was at the show making my presentations.  There seems to be a lot of sign shops interested in making three dimensional signs and that is a very good thing.


Today it was back to the work at hand. The thick glass for the raptor desk had been delivered in my absence and I was eager to see that room finished up. The metal part of the desk weighed in at a hefty 312 pounds and the top weighed 50 lbs more than that! We rounded up everyone in the office to carefully lift the glass into place, line up the pieces and then fastened it in place. With the glass wiped clean of finger prints and the iMac set in place it looked AWESOME - just like I imagined it would. The rusty red hues looked great with the similarly colored leather furniture and the rich cork flooring. 


The completed room made me grin a big old grin. Mt client came in just as I finished taking the last of the pictures. His grin was about the same size as mine.

-dan